Core Questions & Lesson Plans
- How are the lives of global citizens shaped by the environment?
- How do citizens impact the environment?
- How effective are the current environmental policies?
- How do the actions of the “First World” impact the global environment?
Skill - Based
- Role Playing
- Essay Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Analysis and Synthesis of Information
- Debate Skills
- Internet Use
- Presentation Skills (Public Speaking)
- Define key environmental terms.
- Identify various environmental issues.
- Explain how the environment impacts the average person.
- Analyze the effects of environmental policy.
- Judge whether environmental policies should be altered or created.
The Global Environment Lesson Plans
What is the global impact of over-population?
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to Population
- Lesson 2 - Graphing Population Around the World
- Lesson 3 - Debate on China’s One Child Policy
- Lesson 4 - Model UN Simulation on Population Control Policies
How has deforestation affected the environment and people around the world?
- Lesson 1 - Deforestation Research Assignment
How has international water usage impacted the environment?
- Lesson 1 - The Impact of Water Projects on Environmental Issues: Case Study Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River
Why is biodiversity necessary to sustain healthy ecosystems?
- Lesson 1 - Have You Seen Me? An Introductory Lesson On The Loss Of Biodiversity
How can humans effectively deal with pests?
How does nonpoint source pollution effect natural resources?
- Lesson 1 - Tee Time: A Lesson About Nonpoint Source Pollution
- Lesson 2 - Know Your Watershed
How can international environment themes by expressed through
the use of artistic and literary creations?
- Lesson 1 - Art, Literature, & Environment
How do humans deal with waste? Is there a way to eliminate waste?
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to Waste Management