Resources for China Case Study
- Films (Visual Component) One or more of the following are recommended:
- Seven Years Tibet
- King of Masks (gender issues)
- Not One Less (minority rural experience)
- Multimedia: PowerPoint Presentation on China's Borderlands
- Review of literature (textual) One or more of the following are recommended:
- Beijing Language Institue. New Chinese 300, Beijing: BLI, 1997.
- Grunfeld, A. Tom. The Making of Modern Tibet, New York: M. E. Sharpe, Inc., 1996.
- Morgan, David. The Mongols, Blackwell, 1990.
- Rudelson, Justin Jon. Oasis Identities, New York: Columbia University Press, 1998.
- Waley-Cohen, Joanna. The Sextants of Beijing: Global Currents in Chinese History, New York: W. W. Norton and Company, 2000.
- Millward, James A. “The return of the Torghuts: The Trimuph Qing Inner Asian Policy” in A - Realm of Microcosms:
The Manchu Retreat of Chengde, Tinetan Buddhism and the High Qing - Empire, not yet published
- Guest speakers (TBA)
Resources for Iran Simulation
- Iran's People & Population
- Select Highlights of Iran's History & Society
- CIA World Factbook (Iran) http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ir.html
- Sprachman, Paul pp. 240 –242 “Introduction to the Modern Middle East" University Copy, North Brunswick, NJ
- Film: Three Kings http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/1999/10/01/kings/