Core Questions addressed:
- What is the changing nature of religion?
- How was religion changed throughout history?
- How has the role of religion changed through history?
Time Frame: 3-6 days (dependent upon amount of research time given)
Suggested Grade Level: High School
New Jersey Core Content Standards: 6.2, 6.4, 6.5
- Students will be able to identify the role of the Protestant
Reformation in the forming of numerous religions and
- Students will be able to identify key figures of the Protestant
Reformation, their religious ideas, and accomplishments.
- Students will be able to identify how religious ideas formed
during the Protestant Reformation have an impact on
our society today.
- Student handout
- Media Center of Library
- VisualAid Materials
Strategies and Procedures:
- Provide students with background of the problems of the Roman
Catholic Church during the 1500ís.
- Break class into four groups.
- Pass out student handout,
- Explain oral presentation requirements
Each group will be assigned a Protestant Reformation leader
Each group will do a 7-10 minute oral presentation with a visual aid
Each group member should actively participate
- Make note of information to be provided in presentation
Role of the leader
Ideas of the leader
Accomplishments of the leader
Key writings by the leader
Impact this leaderís ideas had on society today
- Clarify questions
- Allow fixed time for research
- Allow fixed time for presentation preparation
- Allow 1-2 class periods for oral presentations and explanation
of visual aids
- Evaluate oral presentations and visual aids
Suggested Grading Criteria:
40 points: Research
40 points: Oral presentation
20 points: Visual Aide
students write and essay comparing and contrasting
each leader and their impact on our society today.