- Armstrong, Karen. 1996. Jerusalem: One City, Three
Faiths. New York: Alfred A Knopf. ISBN: 0-679-43596-4
- Bierlein, J. F. 1994. Parallel Myths. New York, NY: Ballantine
Books. ISBN: 0345381467
- Carrithers, Michael; Dawson, Raymong; Carpenter, Humphrey; Cook,
Michael. 1986. Founders of
- Faith. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN: 0-19-283066-X
- Hoff, Benjamin. 1982. The Tao of Pooh. New York: Dutton.
- Hoff, Benjamin. 1992. The Te of Piglet. New York: Dutton.
- Kolatch, Alfred J. 1995. The Jewish Book of Why. Middle Village,
NY: Jonathan David Publishers. ISBN: 0-8246-0256-0
- Quaknin, Marc-Alain. 2000. Symbols of Judaism. New York: Assouline.
- Robinson, Francis. 1992. The Atlas of the Islamic World: Since
1500. New York: Facts on File. ISBN: 0-87196-629-8
- Savory, R.M (editor). 1994. Introduction to Islamic Civilization.
United States: Cambridge University Press. ISBN: 0-521-09948-X
- Smith, Huston. 1994. The Illustrated World's Religions. San
Francisco: HarperCollins Publishers. ISBN: 0-06-067440-7
Contact with other modules:
- Religion and Art
Created to celebrate religious ideas (Ceremonies, Architecture, Values, Timeframe)
- Religion and Literature
What are universal experiences? Are they connected
through religion? How does literature help us build
understanding and empathy of religions? Creation myths.
- Religion and Immigration
What are religious reasons for immigration and migration?
What are the implications of new religious practices
in new communities? How are religious practices affected
- Religion and the Global Environment
The destruction of spiritual elements in a culture.
Animistic religions and respect for the environment.
How does religious practice affect the use of or respect
for the environment? What do different religions believe
about population growth and population control? How
are the two topics connected?
- Religion and Global Languages
How do languages reflect religious practice? How do
religious practice reflect the use of language? Is
language a vehicle to spread beliefs? How does religion
spread language - connect peoples with a cultural
common denominator? Languages and translation: does
translation change the meaning? How does language
- Religion and Children's Rights
How does religion define the role and rights of children?
What is the role of religion in persecution of children
(i.e. condoning or forbidding infanticide)? To what
degree do children around the world have freedom or
religious expression? In what ways do religions protect